• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Safe Zone Hunger/Thirst Broken?

When you /warp to the shops (Washington server), your hunger and thirst get replenished for free. Does this ruin the survival aspect of the game?  Angry

I just warp there when my stats get low then tp back home. Don't use any food or water (I can't be the only one right?  Confused ). I get that it stops people dying of hunger/thirst while they are shopping which is good, free replenishment is simple and does it well. Could it be improved?

My suggestion would be to have the SZ freeze hunger/thirst depletion instead (if possible) and have some sort of food vendor NPC so people can top up if they are low, at a cost. This would give value back to food/drink items and farming, encouraging people to think more about finding there own food and water sources, which is usually a big part of the game (and a part that I enjoy). If people still die of hunger or thirst (they still won't die in the SZ) then that's part of the game. I don't think that would happen often though.

Ideally the NPC would just fill your hunger/thirst bars for ~40xp. Alternatively the NPC would sell juice and candy bars at a price of ~15xp each. The prices should allow people to satisfy there needs if they are desperate or don't mind paying, but high enough to discourage people from relying on this source long term. Stockpiling from the NPC should be unfavourable IMO, which is accomplished by them selling low value items (juice and candy bars) at a steep price. 

This might stimulate a player market in veg/foodstuffs, adding to the RP element. Players that want to farm and/or fish could trade their produce for junk other people have left over from looting (cloth, metal or whatever) so people can save there xp for rc. Maybe hand out a few licences for selling food and have a food court in the mall? These shops would only sell/trade in food (not be allowed other licences) which would distinguish them from other shops. People could also trade their private food for junk/scrap at these shops. I'm kinda new to the server so I don't know if food used to be a thing but it didn't work or whatever.

Just a suggestion! I like farming and stuff because I'm super lame and would love a farm shop of my own  Rolleyes  Heart
This is far too complicated than it needs to be imo. If they remove the food regen aspect, players could just place their items in their vault or shop and reset, which would have the same affect.
(02-01-2017, 02:50 AM)nate.ruscitti Wrote: This is far too complicated than it needs to be imo. If they remove the food regen aspect, players could just  place their items in their vault or shop and reset, which would have the same affect.

I was ranting, sure. Do you mean players would stockpile food in their vault or shop? In that case they would still have to get the food from somewhere and it would not be free, so I'm fine with that. Also, it would take up allot of space so you have to make that decision.

All I'm suggesting is to remove the free stats regeneration and let people figure it out for themselves.