• TitanFall

• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CALGARY -- On an evening that the Calgary Flames honoured Canadian Olympians in a pre

CALGARY -- On an evening that the Calgary Flames honoured Canadian Olympians in a pre-game ceremony, the night was spoiled by a pair of players from the U. Luis Muriel Colombia Jersey .S. Olympic hockey team. Dustin Brown had a goal and an assist and Jonathan Quick made 25 saves as the Los Angeles Kings made it back-to-back wins Thursday night with a 2-0 victory over the Flames. "They had a good Olympics too," said King head coach Darryl Sutter. "They make a big deal of it in the States because they dont win a medal but these guys all got to go and represent their country and the way they did it, especially our guys, they did an awesome job so they came back in a good frame of mind." Quick was steady all night in collecting his third shutout of the season and 29th of his career. He was especially sharp through the opening 40 minutes as Calgary built up a 23-13 edge in shots but trailed 1-0. "The first star of the game was Jonathan, no doubt about it," said former Flames defenceman Robyn Regehr. "He was very solid, even though we were on our heels a little bit. He made the saves that we really needed him too." Brown opened the scoring three minutes into the game, then helped the Kings get an important insurance goal, setting up Dwight King 3:30 into the third period. In the final 20 minutes, the Kings got back to their trademark stifling defence, outshooting the Flames 11-2 to secure the victory. "It was a great, great third period, exactly what we were looking for," said Quick, who improves to 17-13-2. "It was a solid, road period where you dont give up much and you make them work to gain zones. And scoring a goal at the beginning of the period was huge to give us a little bit more of a gap." Los Angeles (33-22-6) has won three in a row including its first two games after the Olympic break. They opened their short two-game road trip with a 6-4 victory in Colorado on Wednesday night. In third place in the Pacific Division, the victory increases the Kings lead over the Vancouver Canucks to seven points. Calgary (22-30-7), which went into the break on a 6-1-1 tear, lost for the first time at home in six weeks. The Flames had won their last five games at the Scotiabank Saddledome. "First two periods, I definitely thought we were the better team," said Flames captain Mark Giordano, while adding that Quick was the difference. "He made some great saves. He fought through some screens and tips. Theres nothing you can do. He was playing well, our guys were going to the net, our guys were fighting. But we couldnt find a way to get that one." The story line for the Flames was the NHL debut of two of their top prospects - both of them Finns. Making his NHL debut in net was Joni Ortio, who was called up from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League when fellow Finn Karri Ramo went down with a knee injury on Feb. 1. Ortio backed up Reto Berra for the final three games before the Olympic break. "I felt good, but I cant be totally satisfied, of course, because its always my goal to beat the goalie at the other end and that didnt happen tonight," said Ortio, who had 22 stops. The 22-year-old had been playing excellent hockey with the Heat where he had compiled a 20-6-0 record with a 2.22 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. "I felt good all day. I was kind of anxious during the day but as soon as I got back to the rink, I was all good," Ortio said. Also making his NHL debut was 20-year-old Markus Granlund, Calgarys second round pick in the 2011 NHL Draft. Granlund logged 7:14 in ice time, centring the Flames fourth line with Paul Byron and rugged Kevin Westgarth. In his limited time, the younger brother of Minnesotas Mikael Granlund, looked impressive registering two shots on goal. As a rookie in the AHL, Granlund is tied for fourth in the league in goals with 23 in 50 games. The Flames were playing their first game in 19 days and the rust showed early. On his second shift, defenceman steady Kris Russell bobbled the puck deep in his own end with it being promptly intercepted by Brown who darted to the net and stuffed a backhand behind Ortio. "I think our mistakes got magnified tonight because their goalie didnt give up one," said Giordano. One of Calgarys best chances to the tie it came late in the second period when it got its first power play. The Flames controlled the puck in the LA zone for the entire two minutes but they could not solve Quick. Notes: Calgary D Chris Butler (lower body) left the game halfway through the second period... Injured Flames Brian McGrattan (upper body) and Curtis Glencross (ankle) are back practising but have not yet been cleared for contact... The Kings scratched assistant captain Matt Greene, Matt Frattin and Tanner Pearson... Former Flames D Robyn Regehr played against his former team for the first time since being traded June 25, 2011. Regehr has played the second most games in Flames history (826)... Ortio, 22, is the youngest goaltender to start a game for the Flames since Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Feb. 12, 2000... Over 50 Canadian Olympians including Calgary-born bobsled gold medallist Kaillie Humphries were honoured in a pre-game ceremony. Cristian Zapata Jersey . As the Winnipeg Blue Bombers opened their main training camp Sunday, Kuale is one of the newcomers brought in to bolster a sagging defence that ranked overall where the Bombers finished 2013, in the CFL cellar with a league high 585 points against. Oscar Murillo Colombia Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays star won his second consecutive Hank Aaron Award as the most outstanding offensive performer in the AL on Monday after votes by fans and a panel of Hall of Famers were tallied. http://www.soccercolombiamart.com/world-...ll-jersey/ . Kyle Shanahan was hired as offensive co-ordinator Monday after spending the previous four years in the same role with the Washington Redskins. PITTSBURGH -- Jean Machi has been playing professional baseball in the United States since 2002 when he pitched for the Philadelphia Phillies team in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League. Yet the beefy right-handed reliever, now with the San Francisco Giants, had never been asked to bunt until the 13th inning Monday night. Not only did he successfully execute get the bunt for a sacrifice, but caused Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Jared Hughes to rush a wide throw to first base. The error enabled Hunter Pence to score from second base and give the Giants an 11-10 victory. "I saw (Hughes) got a late break off the mound and slipped and I knew I had to run hard," Machi said through a translator. "I was excited because I did my job. They wanted me to move the runners up and I did that." San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said he was confident the 6-foot, 255-pound Machi could bunt despite the lack of experience. "Looks are deceiving in his case," Bochy said. "Hes a lot more athletic than he looks." San Francisco overcame a six-run deficit to run its winning streak to a season-best six games and also win for the 10th time in 11 games while sending the Pirates to their 18th loss in 23 games. Hughes (1-1) came on to start the 13th with the score tied at 10. With one out, he walked Pence and hit Juan Perez with a pitch to put runners on first and second base. Machi (5-0) then dropped down his bunt and wound up tied for the major league lead in victories with three starting pitchers: the Los Angeles Dodgers Zack Greinke, St. Louis Adam Wainwright and Torontos Mark Buehrle. Giants backup catcher Hector Sanchez had four hits and three RBIs, while Buster Posey, who got a day off from catching and played first base, had three hits, three runs scored and two RBIs. Pence finished with three hits and scored four times and Angel Pagan also had three of San Franciscos 20 hits. Michael Morse drove in two runs with a pair of doubless. Mateus Uribe Jersey. Posey forced extra innings when his RBI single in the ninth off Mark Melancon tied it at 10. Machi pitched two scoreless innings and Sergio Romo worked the 13th for his 10th save. "Its just one of 162 games and at the end of the day its about playing hard, playing to the end and never giving up," Pence said. The Pirates Andrew McCutchen had four hits and Pedro Alvarez homered and drove in four runs. Pittsburgh went ahead by six runs, 8-2, after scoring four times in the fifth inning but couldnt hold on. Pittsburgh starter Jeff Locke, recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis earlier in the day, allowed six runs in 5 1/3 innings. The Pirates needed a spot starter after their rotation was scrambled last week by back-to-back rainouts in Baltimore. Six Pirates relievers gave up four runs in 7 2/3 innings and Bryan Morris let all three inherited runners scored when he relieved Locke. "Well, it basically got to our location not being good," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said of his bullpens struggles. "We were up in the zone more than we normally are." San Franciscos Yusmeiro Petit allowed eight runs in 4 1-3 innings. He started in place of Matt Cain, who was placed on the disabled list Sunday with a cut on his right index finger. "I thought we were dead in the water," Bochy said. "It was one of the grittiest games Ive been a part of in this group." NOTES: Bochy is confident Cain will make his next scheduled start Saturday against the Dodgers at Los Angeles. ... San Francisco 1B Brandon Belt, who entered in a 2-for-29 slump, did not start but went 1-for-2 with a walk off the bench. ... Pittsburgh RHP Jason Grilli played catch for the second time in three days but there is no timetable for when the closer, who is on the DL with a strained left oblique, will be able to throw off a mound. ... The Pirates optioned RHP Casey Sadler to Indianapolis to open a roster spot for Locke. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '